Horseback Riding Tour and Cahuita National Park
A great, all-encompassing tour of Costa Rica! Enjoy the tour with a professional naturalist tour guide, who will introduce you to the most important aspects of the Afro-Caribbean Culture of Costa Rica, and show you the rich wildlife of this fascinating region.
During this tour you will enjoy:
1) City Tour: History records that in 1502 Christopher Columbus landed in Costa Rica at the place known as Puerto Limón. The country's port has much import and export traffic. The city's old quarter has the characteristics of a historical center and is currently under urban renovation with restoration of buildings and a pedestrian walkway from Vargas Park to the market.
2) Horseback riding: At only 50 minutes from the pier, you will enjoy a peaceful riding on the beach 2 hours of pure adventure. Galloping and/or walking on the horse enjoying the sound of the waves and the diversity of the exuberant nature of the jungle. Our local guides will make sure that you have an amazing time. (Bring sneakers and pants for the horseback riding)
3) We make a stop in a local plantation, where you will see banana plants, coffee plants and cacao trees, the tour guide will explain you how the local plantations works in the country.
4) Coastal Drive: Enjoy the beautiful scenery of Puerto Limon coastline during the bus drive to the different attractions.
5) Cahuita national park: The Jungla Trail offers a 1 km trek through a secondary forest offering beautiful landscapes, various flora and fauna, and including many opportunities to see the remarkably fascinating different frog species of Costa Rica, for example the red dart frog (dendrobates pumillo). Inside the trail, among the abundant fauna visitors may witness the 3 toed sloths and see the different species of birds: Toucans, Oropendola, Tanagers, Hummingbirds, kiskidees and much more, squirrels, and the majestic butterflies that swarm through the trail. The creeks which appear during the trail, add a crisp freshness to the air, yet more importantly enable the reproduction of many of the organisms living there. For example these creeks create the perfect atmosphere for the various types of frogs you will encounter, allowing the perfect place for egg laying. You will witness the beautiful flora, such as the epífites, orchids and bromeliads as well as other ground level plants with various sized leaves appearing in their plenty. The different species of trees ranging from young to old, small to large, serve as homes to many of the creatures being large mammals to tiny insects. These trees as you will witness are also adorned by the lianas that hang from the branches.
6) Enjoy the Souvenirs Stores & Shopping: During our Limon Highlights tour, you will enjoy many different souvenirs stores. The Caribbean is full of diversity, and boasts many cultures: Afro-Costa Rican, Bribri and Cabécar, Asian, Italian and Central American, among others. Besides food, the region features a collection of cultural activities and traditions that also set it aside from the rest of the country.
This tour is designed to help you become an expert on the rich cultural heritage and ecological resources of the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica.After all this adventure, our guide will give you two options, you can eat in a restaurant with a panoramic view of Limon or a restaurant on the beach, (lunch not included).
If you come in a Cruise. Meet up will be 30 minutes after the cruise arrive Pick up area is at the cruise ship pier, no need to walk outside the facilities, we will have a sign with your name on it and our uniform is a red shirt.
We are the best option for you. we are your local tour operator!
This tour include
- Entrance fee
- Pick up and drop off
- $150 per person
- Bilingual tour guide
- 6 hours